Immigration Medicals Resuming from Thursday 14 May
New Zealand is moving to a Level 2 Covid-19 alert from this Thursday 14 May. This means we can start processing Immigration Medical Exams again.
Please wear your own mask or face covering if you can.
Note that if you do have cough cold or fever symptoms, we will wear PPE equipment, and we can also perform a free Covid swab at the same time.
Please email to make enquiries
To book, complete our online booking form. We will then contact you by telephone to arrange a time that suits you.
BOOK AN IMMIGRATION MEDICAL
- Cromwell Family Practice is an approved Panel Physician Clinic that can perform Immigration NZ e-medicals. We are the only clinic in Cromwell doing this. We can usually see people within a few days of contacting us, and turnaround time is 2-3 working days. We are open 8.30-5.30 Mon-Fri.
- The exam is quite comprehensive, and includes a full physical examination with a male doctor, plus blood test. Wear comfortable loose clothing. Please allow at least one hour for this whole process. You can use our Wifi while waiting.
- You do NOT need to be fasted/starved, please eat normally and drink plenty before arrival. Do NOT download the Immigration Medical Form, it is not required, nor are passport photos.
- Children need to be accompanied by a parent. You are welcome to bring a support person with you to the exam.
- You will need to arrange an interpreter (NOT a family member) if you cannot understand English well.
- You need to bring your original passport. If you don’t have it please contact immigration, copies are not acceptable. If you can, please email us a scan or photo of your passport when booking, and forward any emails from Immigration also. This can have a major impact on the cost of your medical so please send us your immigration letter(s).
- WE DO NOT KNOW what sort of Visa you are applying for, nor do we automatically know what medical exams you require, it is up to you to tell us!
- Cost is $407 for the Physician exam and blood tests. Chest Xrays cost $150 at Pacific Radiology Clinics at Cromwell, Wanaka, or Queenstown. Under Covid alert levels a booking may be required. Xrays and this can be done the same day or at your convenience later.
- A cancellation fee will apply if you fail to attend without notifying us.
- You can pay by cash, EFTPOS or Visa with paywave. (Note: $15 credit card charge will apply). Some exams cost less. Eg: limited Medicals for children, or if blood tests and Xrays are not required, or follow up annual reports and bloods.